Refresco, the world’s largest independent bottler for retailers and A-brands in Europe and North America, announce it has entered into an agreement to acquire HANSA-HEEMANN. This transaction is subject to regulatory approval.
HANSA-HEEMANN, headquartered in Rellingen, Germany, is a family-owned, independent beverage manufacturer with five production sites spread across Germany. The vast majority of HANSA-HEEMANN’s volume (60%) is in mineral water, with the remaining 40% of its volume in carbonated soft drinks (CSD). HANSA-HEEMANN serves three different market segments: private label, own brands, and contract manufacturing for A-brands. HANSA-HEEMANN employs over 800 people with an annual revenue of approximately EUR300 million.
Water is the largest category within the non-alcoholic beverage market. The landscape is highly competitive and rapidly changing with many smaller local and regional players who maintain a strong foothold. Branded players with a wide range of water products are looking for opportunities to grow with retail discounters. In addition, the focus on sustainability continues resulting in for example, increased demand for recycled PET and reduction in operational carbon footprint. Refresco